Just like last year, at the beginning of the fergus175 celebratory year, we will have another First Night celebration downtown Fergus this year.
Some of the activities downtown Fergus on December 31st, 2008:
- Live music by One Minute, The Unbreakable Clocks, Sebastian Ennis and The Mod Wolves, Backroads (8:30), Moonshine (11:15)
- Countdown and Fireworks at 9:00 and 12:00
- Storybook character Geronimo Stilton will be at Roxanne’s Reflections Book and Card Shop from 7 to 9 p.m.
- Storytelling in the children’s area of the Fergus Library
- Screenings of Cogeco’s production of “Fergus Then and Now” will run at the Grand Theatre at 7:30 and 9:30 p.m.
- Horse-drawn trolley rides around the downtown area, running from 7 to 10 p.m.
- Hot chocolate everywhere! (at least at Melville’s Church, Thompson Funeral Home, Fergus Library
- An alcohol-free and admission-free event for the whole family!
Check out last year’s post with some YouTube videos of last year’s First Night celebrations.
For more information, look for one of the distinctive posters around Fergus, call 519-843-5140.
Information taken from the Fergus Elora News Express.