“Pipes Plaid and Pageantry” Parade – Call For Entries
Everyone loves a parade-here is your chance to be part of one!
Promote your business, organization, event or festival by considering an entry in “Pipes Plaid and Pageantry” this coming Thursday August 11, 2011 at 7:30pm. [entry form]
Join the parade or enjoy the fun!
“Pipes Plaid and Pageantry” Parade
Bring a lawn chair pull up “a piece of the curb” and enjoy the second annual community parade.
Following the bands enjoy a “Sneak MacPeek” of the Festival’s fine entertainment everywhere downtown!
Free Open Air Movie “the Waterhorse”
Open Air Movie at Stone Gable Hall free for everyone (181 st Andrew st. East)
Feature film “the Waterhorse” family fun fit for all ages!
Agnus is a young and lonely boy in Scotland, his father who he was very close with has just gone off into WWII to fight. His home has just been taken over by English soldiers to fight off the German’s. His family has lost something too, life and laughter. But when Agnus comes across what looks like a strange rock, is actually an egg left by a Water Horse, the rarest of all creatures, there can only be one in the world at a time. But he takes care of the baby who is water bound, while protecting him from his mom and the soldiers. But when the water horse, he named Crusoe, has grown too big, he and a family friend put him in the Lochness Lake. And so the story goes…
More about this movie on the IMDb website.
Thursday Night Entertainment:
- Fergus Legion-the Rogues, 8:30-10PM
- D’s Sports Bar and Grill- Liam MacGlashon and the Kitchen Party
- Goofie Newfie-The Rum Devils
- Breadalbane-Ed Miller and Friends,
- O’Brien’s-David Leask and James McKie
- The Brewhouse-the Shenanigans
Extra Special Events Downtown:
- “Scottish International Night” featuring Scottish fare, live music and much more at Van Gali’s in Fergus,6-9pm
- Celtic Celidh Concert at the Fergus Grand Theatre, Saturday August 13, 8PM enjoy Tom Leadbeater, Ian Bruce, Janice Howey, Nick Gush and Ed Miller and Friends.
For more info on “painting the town Tartan-visit www.fergusscottishfestival.com or call 519-787-0099.
Videos From The 2010 Fergus Scottish Festival Opening Ceremonies
Or check out our own FergusPages page on the Fergus Scottish Festival and Highland Games.